The AMS Livestock and Poultry Program (L&P) empowers American farmers and businesses through services that add value and create demand for livestock, poultry, meat, fish, feedstuffs and related products, while ensuring buyers understand the quality of product they purchase. Nearly 900 L&P employees carry out these programs from locations around the country.
- Beef, Veal and Lamb Grading Dashboard
- Process Verified Program Domestic Origin Claims for Beef Infographic (pdf)
- New Market Reports to Enhance Price Transparency in Cattle Markets
What We Do
- Market Reporting – Our Livestock, Poultry and Grain Market News Division serves as the source for unbiased price and volume information for livestock, meat, poultry, eggs, wool, grain, feedstuffs, bioenergy and their related products.
- Grading & Auditing Services – Our Quality Assessment Division provides voluntary auditing and grading on a fee-for-service basis to help producers market their products.
- Research & Promotion Oversight – Our Research and Promotion Division provides oversight to Research and Promotion Programs for beef, eggs, pork, soybeans, lamb and sorghum.
- Standards Development – Our Standards and Specifications Division develops and maintains quality standards for meat, poultry, egg and rabbit products to facilitate the orderly marketing of products, and develops purchase specifications for USDA Foods and commodity procurement activities.
- Market Research & Analysis – Our Agricultural Analytics Division provides economic, statistical, analytic and scientific expertise to help USDA make data-informed decisions.
Educational & Outreach Opportunities
Have a Question for L&P?
Have a Question About a Market News Report?