The Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA) was enacted at the request of the fruit and vegetable industry to promote fair trade in the industry. PACA protects businesses dealing in fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables by establishing and enforcing a code of fair business practices and by helping companies resolve business disputes.
AMS is responsible for administering PACA and offers many PACA-related services to the produce industry. Our PACA experts receive hundreds of telephone calls each week from companies requesting assistance on problems unique to the industry, such as interpretation of inspection certificates, advice on contract disputes and bankruptcy payments.
Working in partnership with the fruit and vegetable industry, PACA facilitates fair trade practices through education, mediation, arbitration, licensing and enforcement. If you have a question or concern about PACA, call us at 800-495-7222.
Video on the PACA
Access the PACA Mobile App
Download on the Apple App Store for Apple Devices
Download on the Google Play Store for Android Devices
- View Recent PACA Press Releases
- View the full PACA Statute
- Requirements Under the PACA
- Administrative Procedures for Reparation Proceedings
- Provisions Applicable to Disciplinary Proceedings & "Responsibly Connected" Actions
- Informal Complaint Worksheet (pdf)
- Commodities Covered by PACA (pdf)
- Recent and Sample Reparation Cases by Subject (pdf)
- PACA Brochures
- FAQ’s for Petitions, Appeals & Oral Hearings
- PACA Training Workbook
- FDA Advisory Alert on Romaine Lettuce and the PACA