The Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA) was enacted at the request of the fruit and vegetable industry to promote fair trade in the industry. PACA protects businesses dealing in fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables by establishing and enforcing a code of fair business practices and by helping companies resolve business disputes.
AMS is responsible for administering PACA and offers many PACA-related services to the produce industry. Our PACA experts receive hundreds of telephone calls each week from companies requesting assistance on problems unique to the industry, such as interpretation of inspection certificates, advice on contract disputes and bankruptcy payments.
Working in partnership with the fruit and vegetable industry, PACA facilitates fair trade practices through education, mediation, arbitration, licensing and enforcement. If you have a question or concern about PACA, call us at 800-495-7222.
- PACA Brochures
- Book of Active PACA Licensees (pdf)
- FAQ’s for Petitions, Appeals & Oral Hearings
- Informal Complaint Worksheet
- View the ful PACA Statue
- Commodities Covered by PACA
- Recent and Sample Reparation Cases by Subject (pdf)
- View the full PACA regulations
- Complaint Rules of Practice
- Disciplinary & "Responsibly Connected" Actions
- PACA Training Workbook