The mission of the Dairy Program is to facilitate the efficient marketing of milk and dairy products.
Dairy Program's vision is to be efficient, effective, and innovative in program service delivery in the continually changing industry and government environments. Dairy Program also provides excellent customer service and industry relations with highly skilled and motivated employees.
At the Dairy Program, we recognize that our government service is a public trust for which we are all accountable. We subscribe to the following core values in our service to the dairy industry, the public, and within our own organization: cooperation, fairness, integrity, objectivity, and respect.
The AMS Dairy Program helps the U.S. dairy industry efficiently market high-quality milk and dairy products. It also ensures that U.S. consumers have access to a sufficient supply of these products at all times.
- Administer Federal Milk Marketing Orders and provide aggregated Federal Order Statistics.
- Help the industry market U.S. dairy products worldwide by providing international programs and services, including export certification services.
- Provide buyers and sellers with an impartial evaluation of dairy equipment and product quality so businesses and consumers can buy with confidence through the Dairy Grading Program.
- Develop dairy grade standards used in the grading appraisal process.
- Provide timely and accurate market information on milk and dairy products through the Dairy Market News and Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting Program.
- Develop Dairy Economic Analysis for multiple Dairy Program, industry, and USDA needs.
- Oversee The Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Program and the Dairy Research and Promotion Program.
- Provide information to assist dairy businesses in the production and processing of milk and dairy products
- Administer the Milk Donation Reimbursement Program by reimbursing milk processors for eligible expenses for donating milk to eligible distributing organizations, thereby reducing food waste and providing nutrition assistance to low-income individuals
USDA - AMS - Dairy Program
Stop 0225, Room 2968 – South
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-0225
Have a question for Dairy Program?
Office of the Deputy Administrator
Roger Cryan, Director
Lorie Warren Cashman, Chief, Market Information Branch
Butch Speth, Director, Dairy Market News
Janet Linder, Deputy Director, Dairy Market News
Grading & Standardization Division
William Francis, Acting Director
Vacant, Chief, Grading Branch
Christopher Thompson, Chief, Standardization Branch
Amanda Limback, National Field Director, Grading Branch (Naperville, IL)
General Sanitary Certificate Inquiries: Email DairySanitaryCerts@usda.gov
EU and Country Specific Export Inquiries: Email DairyExportsQuestions@usda.gov
Dairy, Meat, and Poultry Equipment Inquiries: Email DairyNFO@usda.gov
Billing Inquiries: Email DairyNFO@usda.gov
Derogation Inquiries: Email DairyNFO@usda.gov
Operations & Accountability Division
Janel Barsi, Director
Includes IT & eGov Team, Order Operations Branch, MA Personnel Staff, Business Services Staff
Order Formulation and Enforcement Division
Erin Taylor, Acting Director (effective May 2, 2016)
Angie Salinas, Enforcement
Promotion, Research & Planning Division
Whitney Rick, Director
Includes: Promotion and Research, Strategic Planning & Communications Staff