The National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law charges AMS with developing a national mandatory system for disclosing the presence of bioengineered material. USDA has established a working group to develop a timeline for rulemaking and to ensure an open and transparent process for effectively establishing this new program, which will increase consumer confidence and understanding of the foods they buy, and avoid uncertainty for food companies and farmers.
- Proposed Rule for National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard
- Proposed Bioengineered Labels (pdf)
For questions or more information please email email@example.com.
You can also subscribe to get email updates.
- Recorded Webinar on Proposed National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard
- Webinar Slides (pdf)
- Transcript of Webinar (pdf)
- Study of Electronic or Digital Disclosure
- Proposed Rule Questions Under Consideration
- Public Input on Bioengineered Food Disclosure Questions
- Full text of the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law (pdf)
- Request for Proposal - Statement of Objectives - Study of Electronic or Digital Link Disclosure (pdf)
- State Preemption Letters (pdf)
- Policy Memo – Consistency between Bioengineered Disclosure and the National Organic Program (pdf)
- Request for Information on a Performance Work Statement (pdf)