Federal milk marketing orders are established under the authority of the Agricultural Marketing Agreement Act of 1937, as amended. The Secretary of Agriculture is authorized by this statute, under certain conditions and with producer approval, to issue milk marketing orders that require handlers to pay at least the minimum specified prices for milk purchased from producers. The complete orders are published in the U. S. Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 1000 to 1199.
These Federal milk order statistical reports are based on data compiled from reports that handlers (milk processors) are required to file monthly with the market administrator who administers the respective Federal milk order. These reports show the volume of milk receipts from each source and quantity of milk used in each form. From these reports, data are compiled and totaled for each order by the market administrator. The order summary report is submitted to the Market Information Branch in Dairy Program and is combined with the summary reports for the other orders.
In addition to the publications listed below, there are additional resources, listed in the Data section below, for accessing many of these statistical reports.
You can also use an Application Programming Interface (API) to access the data. If you have any questions about setting up or using the API, please refer to:
Please contact the Market Information Branch at email@example.com if you need help with any of these options.
- Annual Federal Milk Marketing Order Statistical Summaries
- Announcement of Advanced Prices and Announcement of Class and Component Prices
- Advanced Class Prices by Order
- Final Class and Component Prices by Order
- Price Formulas
- Mailbox Milk Prices
- Retail Milk Prices
- Estimated Fluid Milk Products Sales Reports
Trends in Milk Marketing
- Producer Milk Pooled by State of Origin
- Producer Milk Pooled by County of Origin
- Pooled Producer Structure
- Measures of Growth in Federal Milk Marketing Orders
- Packaged Fluid Milk Sales in Federal Milk Order Markets
Producer Milk Marketings and Utilization
Individual Milk Order Prices
Individual Orders Year to Date
- Utilization of Producer Milk in Class I
- Utilization of Producer Milk in Class II
- Utilization of Producer Milk in Class III
- Utilization of Producer Milk in Class IV
- Total Receipts of Producer Milk by Order Starting with October 2020, the Total Receipts of Producer Milk by Order will be split into two separate monthly reports