Federal statute (7 USC 1637b) requires USDA to collect and release dairy product sales information for butter, cheddar cheese, dry whey, and nonfat dry milk, no later than 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday of each week (unless affected by a Federal Holiday). The regulations for the Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting Program can be found in 7 CFR 1170. The data in the National Dairy Products Sales Report (NDPSR) are also used in the price calculations for the Federal Milk Marketing Orders (7 CFR 1000.53).
In addition to the publications listed below, there are additional resources, listed in the Data section below, for accessing the National Dairy Products Sales Report, Announcement of Class and Component Prices, and the Announcement of Class and Component Prices.
You can also use an Application Programming Interface (API) to access the data. If you have any questions about setting up or using the API, please refer to:
API User’s Guide for DPMRP & FMMOS
Please contact the Market Information Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with any of these options.
National Dairy Products Sales Report
- Most Recent Issue (pdf)
- Current Release & Archives
Announcements of Federal Order Prices
- Most recent Advanced Prices and Pricing Factors (pdf)
- Current Release and Archives of Advanced Prices and Pricing Factors
- Most recent Class and Component Prices (pdf)
- Current Release and Archives of Class and Component Prices
- Cheddar Cheese Prices (xls)
- DPMRS (Plant Site)
- DPMRP Policies & Procedures (pdf)
- DPMRP Questions & Answers (pdf)
- Noncompliance Flowchart (pdf)
- Example: Reporting Web Forms (pdf)
- Annual Validation (pdf)
- Supplement – Annual Validation (pdf)
- Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting system (DPMRS) Training Video
- Annual Validation Video
- 2023-2024 Plant Due Dates and Report Release Dates (pdf)
- 2025-2026 Plant Due Dates and Report Release Dates (pdf)
- 2023-2024 Advanced and Class Price Release Dates (pdf)
- 2025-2026 Advanced and Class Price Release Dates (pdf)
For more information, contact:
USDA – AMS – Dairy Program – Market Information Branch
Room 2535-South Building, Stop Code 0232
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250-0232
Telephone: (202) 720-4392