The Transportation Services Division provides information on the movement of grain on the Mississippi, Ohio, and Arkansas Rivers. Barge transportation is important to U.S. agriculture because it provides low cost transportation of grain from major production areas to coastal areas for export to foreign markets.
For the most current data, please contact Richard Henderson
- Barge Dashboards, Reports, Visualizations, and Datasets
- Barge Research in the Agriculture Transportation Research Compendium
- Economic Impacts Analysis of Inland Waterways Disruption on the Transport of Corn and Soybeans (pdf)
- Inland Waterways Report
- River Transportation and the Broiler Industry in North Alabama (pdf)
- Barge Traffic Disruptions and Their Effects on Shipping Costs in Agricultural Freight Corridors (pdf)