- Pork must be free of tetracycline group antibiotics. Companies must evaluate and select suppliers based on their ability to provide conforming product.
- Harvest facilities must implement a tetracycline group antibiotics testing program.
- Facilities approved for export to the Russian Federation must implement a microbiological testing program for generic Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes, and total plate count testing.
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has designated the Quality Assessment Division (QAD) as the competent authority for providing verification that pork meets the specified product requirements outlined in QAD 1030V Procedure.
The following approved USDA EV Programs have been found in conformance with the requirements of the USDA EV Program for Pork to the Russian Federation and all criteria of their approved quality management systems. Final approval for export to the Russian Federation is granted through FSIS and the Eligible Plants List, Pork – Russian Federation is located in the FSIS Export Library: Eligible Plants List for Russia (Pork).
- Guidance #GU0032AFA: Pork to the Russian Federation (pdf)
- QAD 1030V: EV Program – Pork to the Russian Federation (pdf)
The PQA Plus Pork EV Program provides verification for establishments that wish to supply pork and pork products to countries that require verification that the meat is derived from animals that were raised under the requirements of the PQA Plus Program. The countries that require verification under the PQA Plus Pork EV Program include: Argentina, Barbados, Chile, and Peru.