AMS reviews and approves companies as eligible suppliers of meat and meat products under the USDA Export Verification (EV) Programs. The EV Programs outline the specified product requirements for individual countries. The specified product requirements must be met through an approved Quality System Assessment Program.
Eligible suppliers are included in Business Directory Listing. Only eligible suppliers listed in the directory listing may supply product identified as meeting the requirements of the applicable USDA EV Program. Eligible product must be produced under an approved Program and be identified as meeting the requirements of the applicable USDA EV Program.
Only eligible products may be issued a Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) Export certificate which includes the applicable statement as listed in the FSIS Library of Export Requirements. The FSIS export certificate validates the products as meeting regulatory guidelines for export. Eligible suppliers must submit a list of all eligible product items intended for shipment. The product list must be submitted in the approved Excel format. Updates to the approved product list must be made in accordance with the procedure, EV Program Updating Approved Product Lists (pdf).
Requirements for the export of beef and beef products to China can found on the AMS webpage Beef Exports to the People’s Republic of China
The Official Listing of Eligible Suppliers for the USDA EV Program for the Russian Federation can found on the FSIS Eligible Plants List (Beef) – Russian Federation. These suppliers are approved by AMS and the Russian Federation to produce or store EV eligible product for shipment to the Russian Federation.
- Official Listing for Bovine Export Verification Programs (pdf)
- Official Listing of Approved Suppliers for the USDA QSA Program for Korea (pdf)
- Official Listing of Approved Companies to the EV Program for SRM-Free Bovine Inedible Raw Materials (pdf)
- Official Listing for QSA Programs (pdf)
- Official Listing for QSA Programs Angus Source (pdf)
- QAD 1030BB: EV Program - Australia (pdf)
- QAD 1030W: EV Program - Ecuador (pdf)
- QAD 1030M: EV Program - Korea (pdf)
- QAD 1030T: EV Program - Russia (pdf)
- QAD 1030L: EV Program - Singapore (pdf)
- QAD 1030D: EV Program - Taiwan (pdf)
- QAD 1030U: EV Program - Bovine (pdf)
- QAD 1030C: EV Program for Bison (Buffalo) - Canada and the EU (pdf)
- QAD 1030X: EV Program - SRM-Free Bovine Inedible Raw Materials (pdf)
- QAD 673: Blood Plasma Program for Processing and Export to Canada (pdf)
Saudi Arabia Export Verification Program
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) export requirements for Saudi Arabia have been revised. Effective May 13, 2020 there is no longer an age restriction on cattle for this program.
Note: Companies that wish to use beef tallow in the diet of animals approved for Saudi Arabia, must source their tallow from a facility listed on the List of Approved Rendering Facilities.
Ovine and Caprine Export Verification Program
- Official Listing for Ovine and Caprine Export Verification Programs (pdf)
- QAD 1031: EV Program - Ovine and Caprine (pdf)
- QAD 1031A: EV Program - Ovine and Caprine - Japan (pdf)
- QAD 1000: QSVP General Policies and Procedures (pdf)
- QAD 1002: USDA Quality Systems Assessment Program (pdf)
- QAD 1030: EV Programs - Additional Requirements (pdf)
- QAD 1030 Form: EV Product List Template (xls)
- Guidance #GU7136AUA: EV Program - Updating Approved Product Lists (pdf)