Release No.: 142-17
WASHINGTON, Dec. 20, 2017 - Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue today announced the appointment of 27 members to the Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board. Twenty-five of the appointees will serve three-year terms. Two appointees will serve the remaining one-year portion of vacant positions.
- Bruce T. Jackson, Lockesburg, Ark.
- J. Kent Bamford, Haxton, Colo.
- Cliff W. Coddington, Bradenton, Fla.
- Jared Brackett, Filer, Idaho
- Phil Perry, Oskaloosa, Kan.
- Trista Brown Priest, Satanta, Kan.
- Ryan Miller, Bardstown, Ky.
- Leon James, Hurdland, Mo.
- Turk Stovall, Billings, Mont.
- Katie Cooper, Willow Creek, Mont.
- Bill Baldwin, Mitchell, Neb.
- Jim Eschliman, Ericson, Neb.
- Raymond Erbele, Streeter, N.D.
- Blayne Arthur, Stillwater, Okla.
- Jimmy Taylor, Cheyenne, Okla.
- Dick McElhaney, Hookstown, Pa.
- Bill Slovek, Philip, S.D.
- Jackie White Means, Van Horn, Texas
- Jason Peeler, Floresville, Texas
- Michael Wayne White, Vernon, Texas
- Sean P. Jones, Massey, Md., Mid-Atlantic Unit
- Rob Von Der Lieth, Copperopolis, Calif., Southwest Unit
- Laurie Bryant, Burke, Va., Importer
- Rob Williams, Chase, Md., Importer
- Jeffrey Isenmann, Rochester Hills, Mich., Importer
- Nicholas Brander, Wilmette, Ill., Importer (1-year term)
- Steven Hobbs, Larkspur, Colo., Importer (1-year term)
“The Cattlemen's Beef Board works to build demand for beef by helping to maintain and expand markets through their research, promotion, and information sharing efforts,” said Perdue. “Their work represents all segments of the beef industry and I know that the agricultural sector will be well served by them."
The Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board is composed of 99 members, all of whom are beef producers or importers of cattle, beef or beef products. The board is authorized by the Beef Promotion and Research Act of 1985.
Since 1966, Congress has authorized the establishment of 22 industry-funded research and promotion boards. They empower farmers and ranchers to leverage their own resources to develop new markets, strengthen existing markets, and conduct important research and promotion activities. USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Services provides oversight, paid for by industry assessments, which ensures fiscal accountability and program integrity for participating stakeholders.
A list of board members is available on the AMS Cattlemen's Beef Board webpage. More information can also be found on the Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board’s website.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender
For Firefox users, please download Adobe Flash player from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
In order to see a caption of each photo, please follow the steps below:
1. Click play button.
2. Click expand button on the lower right corner.
3. Click 'Show Info' link on the upper right corner.