AMS serves farmers and businesses of all sizes, and the Outreach office supports and serves all of our stakeholders. From our Farm Bill supported grants to organic certification, grading services to plant variety protection, AMS has a lot to offer.
In conjunction with the Department’s Office of Advocacy and Outreach, our Outreach staff is focused on:
- Improving the viability and profitability of small and beginning farmers and ranchers
- Improving access to USDA programs for historically underserved communities
- Improving agricultural opportunities for farm workers
- Closing the professional achievement gap by providing opportunities to talented and diverse young people to support the agricultural industry in the 21st century
- Improving diversity on USDA advisory boards and committees