The purpose of the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP) is to solely enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops. Specialty crops are defined as “fruits, vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, horticulture, and nursery crops (including floriculture).”
The agency, commission, or department responsible for agriculture within any of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands is eligible to apply directly to the U.S. Department of Agriculture for grant funds. Organizations or individuals interested in the SCBGP should contact their state department of agriculture for more information.
- What AMS grant is right for me? (pdf)
- Definition of a Specialty Crop
- Evaluation Plan (Performance Measures) (pdf)
- SCBGP Templates and Performance Measures Q&A (pdf)
- 2018 SCBGP Request For Application [RFAs] (pdf)
- The 2018 SCBGP application period closes on Thursday, May 24, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.