The purpose of the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP) is to enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops. Specialty crops are defined as “fruits, vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, horticulture, and nursery crops (including floriculture).”
The agency, commission, or department responsible for agriculture within any of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands is eligible to apply directly to the U.S. Department of Agriculture for grant funds. Organizations or individuals interested in the SCBGP should contact their state department of agriculture for more information.
- COVID-19 Resources for Grants
- 2020 Request for Applications (pdf)
- The 2020 SCBGP grant application period is now closed. As information for the 2021 application period becomes available, it will be announced here.
- Specialty Crop Block Grant Program Overview (Video)
- What AMS grant is right for me? (pdf)
- Definition of a Specialty Crop
- Evaluation Plan (Performance Measures) (pdf)
- SCBGP Templates and Performance Measures Q&A (pdf)