How do I apply to the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program?
Only state departments of agriculture may apply for funding to AMS.
If you are an individual or other non-federal entity interested in applying, applications for specialty crop projects must be submitted to the appropriate state department of agriculture to be considered for funding. To learn how to apply for SCBGP funding in your state, contact your SCBGP state department of agriculture contact. A listing of the most recent state requests for proposals is below.
When can I submit an application?
The deadline for state departments of agriculture to submit applications to AMS for the 2023 Request for Applications is Monday, May 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
What are the application requirements?
State departments of agriculture can find the requirements for submitting an application in the most recently published Request for Applications. Applications must be received before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Monday May 1, 2023 through Grants.gov. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered for funding.
Current Application Resources
- 2023 Request for Applications (pdf)
- Grant Administration Template (pdf)
- Project Profile Template (pdf)
- Sample State Plan (pdf) - In order to view this document, please download and open it from your computer. Since this is a portfolio of documents, it cannot be viewed within the browser.
- Grant Performance Measures website
- Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (pdf)
FY21 and Prior Projects