The Specialty Crop Multi-State Program (SCMP) competitively award funds to State departments of agriculture to solely enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops by funding collaborative, multi-state projects that address the following regional or national level specialty crop issues: food safety; plant pests and disease; research; crop-specific projects addressing common issues; and marketing and promotion.
The following amounts are authorized for the SCMP:
- $1,000,000 for fiscal year 2014
- $2,000,000 for fiscal year 2015
- $3,000,000 for fiscal year 2016
- $4,000,000 for fiscal year 2017
- $5,000,000 for fiscal year 2018
Funds not awarded in response to a Request for Applications will be rolled over into the next fiscal year.