Release No.: 172-18
WASHINGTON, Dec. 27, 2018--U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue today announced the appointment of six members to serve on the Softwood Lumber Board.
The six members newly appointed to serve three-year terms are:
- J.D. Hankins II, Ripley, Miss., and Brian Luoma, Tuscaloosa, Ala. (U.S. South)
- George R. Emmerson, Bella Vista, Calif., and Todd A. Payne, Eugene, Ore. (U.S. West)
- Kevin Edgson, Quebec, Canada (Canada East)
- Brad Thorlakson, British Columbia, Canada (Canada West)
The Softwood Lumber Board is composed of 19 members, including 12 domestic manufacturers who represent the U.S. South region, the U.S. West region, and the U.S. Northeast and Lake states; and seven importers who represent Canada East, Canada West and importing countries other than Canada.
Since 1966, Congress has authorized 22 industry-funded research and promotion boards to provide a framework for agricultural industries to pool resources and combine efforts to develop new markets, strengthen existing markets and conduct important research and promotion activities. The Agricultural Marketing Service provides oversight, paid for by industry assessments, which helps ensure fiscal accountability and program integrity.
For Firefox users, please download Adobe Flash player from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
In order to see a caption of each photo, please follow the steps below:
1. Click play button.
2. Click expand button on the lower right corner.
3. Click 'Show Info' link on the upper right corner.