The Grain Inspection Advisory Committee meets twice annually to advise AMS on the programs and services it delivers under the U.S. Grain Standards Act. Recommendations by the committee help AMS to better meet the needs of its customers who operate in a dynamic and changing marketplace.
The committee is comprised of 15 members appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture who represent all segments of the grain industry. They include grain producers, processors, merchandisers, handlers, exporters, consumers, grain inspection agencies, and scientists. Committee members serve without compensation, but are reimbursed for travel expenses.
Typically, AMS solicits nominations each fall via a Federal Register notice.
- Advisory Committee Membership Nomination Form, AD 755
- Grain Inspection Advisory Committee (GIAC) Members (pdf)
- Grain Inspection Advisory Committee Charter (pdf)
- September 2018 Meeting Minutes (Kansas City, MO)(pdf)
- Program Updates (pdf)
- Quality Assurance and Compliance Division Updates (pdf)
- Technology and Science Division Updates (pdf)
- National Grain Center Tour-Day 1 (pdf)
- System Approach for U.S. Soybeans (pdf)
- International Affairs Division Updates (pdf)
- Financial Updates (pdf)
- Field Management Division Updates (pdf)
- FGISonline Overview (pdf)
- National Grain Center Tour- Day 2 (pdf)
Past Meeting Minutes