Attention AMS grant recipients and applicants!
On April 4, 2022, the Federal government transitioned from using the DUNS Number to the Unique Entity ID (UEI) (generated by SAM.gov). Learn More about the transition process.
The Meat and Poultry Inspection Readiness Grant (MPIRG) program assists currently operational meat and poultry slaughter and processing facilities in obtaining a Federal Grant of Inspection under the Federal Meat Inspection Act (FMIA) or the Poultry Products Inspection Act (PPIA); or to operate as a State-inspected facility that is compliant with FMIA or PPIA under a respective Cooperative Interstate Shipment (CIS) program.
The MPIRG focuses on:
- Improving meat and poultry slaughter and processing capacity and efficiency;
- Developing new and expanding existing markets;
- Increasing capacity and better meeting consumer and producer demand;
- Maintaining strong inspection and food safety standards;
- Obtaining a larger commercial presence; and
- Increasing access to slaughter/processing facilities for smaller farms and ranches, new and beginning farmers and ranchers, socially disadvantaged producers, veteran producers, and/or underserved communities.
- View the MPIRG webinar
- 2022 MPIRG Request for Applications (RFA) (pdf)
- Meat and Poultry Processing Capacity Technical Assistance
- AMS NEPA Attestation Form (pdf)
- Grant Opportunities Fact Sheet: Funding expanded market channels for animal production and livestock products (pdf)
- Meat and Poultry Inspection Readiness Grant Webinar Video
- 2021 Request for Applications (pdf)
- Project Narrative (docx)
- Do you qualify for the MPIRG Grant? (pdf)
- AMS will be hosting a webinar for applicants. For dates and registration instructions, visit our webinars page.