MPIRG Grants are open. Apply Now!
AMS is currently accepting applications from eligible organizations. Approximately $23.6 million is available to fund MPIRG applications. Apply by May 24, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Refer to the How to Apply page for more information.
Technical Assistance is available to MPIRG grant applicants and grant-funded projects. Visit the Meat and Poultry Processing Capacity Technical Assistance webpage to learn more.
The Meat and Poultry Inspection Readiness Grant (MPIRG) program assists currently operational meat and poultry slaughter and processing facilities in obtaining a Federal Grant of Inspection under the Federal Meat Inspection Act (FMIA) or the Poultry Products Inspection Act (PPIA); or to operate as a State-inspected facility that is compliant with FMIA or PPIA under a respective Cooperative Interstate Shipment (CIS) program.
The MPIRG focuses on:
- Improving meat and poultry slaughter and processing capacity and efficiency;
- Developing new and expanding existing markets;
- Increasing capacity and better meeting consumer and producer demand;
- Maintaining strong inspection and food safety standards;
- Obtaining a larger commercial presence; and
- Increasing access to slaughter/processing facilities for smaller farms and ranches, new and beginning farmers and ranchers, socially disadvantaged producers, veteran producers, and/or underserved communities.
- View the MPIRG webinar
- 2022 MPIRG Request for Applications (RFA) (pdf)
- Meat and Poultry Processing Capacity Technical Assistance
- AMS NEPA Attestation Form (pdf)
- Grant Opportunities Fact Sheet: Funding expanded market channels for animal production and livestock products (pdf)
- Meat and Poultry Inspection Readiness Grant Webinar Video
- 2021 Request for Applications (pdf)
- Project Narrative (docx)
- Do you qualify for the MPIRG Grant? (pdf)
- AMS will be hosting a webinar for applicants. For dates and registration instructions, visit our webinars page.