Agricultural Commodity Grader’s Cotton (Seasonal Classer Trainee) GS-1980-5, $18.06 per hour
Applications will be accepted for Agricultural Commodity Grader’s Cotton (Seasonal Classer Trainee) beginning July 24, thru August 4, 2023, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Education Requirements: Qualified applicants must provide proof of a high school diploma or GED.
- Experience Requirements:
- Successful completion of two or more years in an accredited college or university with proof of an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 point scale;
- OR Six months of experience as a cotton classer in determining cotton quality characteristics;
- OR Six months of experience as a cotton buyer or seller engaged in the marketing of cotton for a gin, merchant, cooperative, or mill;
- OR Six months of experience in grading any type of agricultural products for a state or the federal government;
- OR Six months of experience in the management of growing or marketing cotton;
- OR Six months of experience as a computer programmer or operator; OR Six months of clerical experience as a bank teller, bookkeeper, tax clerk, or secretary;
- OR Six months of experience in a trade requiring special training or license such as welder, electrician, plumber, auto mechanic, licensed practical nurse, medical lab technician, etc.,
- OR successful completion of training at a vocational technical school. Proof of special training or license required.
Training begins 8/14/2023 and ends 09/08/2023. Trainees who pass the course will be hired as seasonal cotton classers. Must be able to work any shift. Weekend and Holiday work is required.
Application forms OF-612 and OF-306 can be obtained from 161 Industrial Loop, Rayville, LA 71269. The office # is 318-728-6418.
Applicants must pass a physical exam (USDA will pay up to $100.00). Background checks are performed on all applicants.
All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen and be prepared to show a valid Driver’s License/Picture I.D. Veteran’s preference will be applied as appropriate. A DD-214 must be provided to qualify for Veteran’s preference. Males born after December 31, 1959 who are at least 18 years of age must be able to document registration with the Selective Service System, unless certain exemptions are documented.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer