PVPO is seeking candidates to serve on the Plant Variety Protection Board.
The Plant Variety Protection Board is an advisory committee to: (1) advise the Secretary concerning the adoption of rules and regulations to facilitate the proper administration of the Act; (2) make advisory decisions for the Secretary on appeals concerning decisions on applications by the PVPO and on requests for emergency public-interest compulsory licenses; and (3) advise the Secretary on any other matters under the rules and regulations.
The Board consists of 14 members, representing farmers, seed industry, trade and professional associations, and public and private research institutions. Members are appointed for a 2-year term, with no member appointed for more than three 2-year terms. Meetings are held as needed.
The Board is established in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act. Nominees are appointed to the Board by the Secretary of Agriculture in accordance with the Plant Variety Protection Act. PVPO also uses the Board for assistance by asking for their advice on procedural matters.
The next Board will be assembled by the end of September 2024. If you are interested, please complete the Advisory Committee Background Information Form and return it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2024.
Recent Meeting Minutes
Past Meeting Minutes
- April 2020 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- April 2019 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- August 2018 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- April 2017 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- December 2016 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- July 2016 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- December 2015 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- August 2015 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- December 2014 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- May 2014 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- December 2013 Board Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- PVP Board Charter (pdf)
- FACA database
- AD-755 Advisory Committee Background Information Form
- PVP Act
- PVP Regulations
If you are interested in serving on the PVP Board please contact us at the PVPO