The Dairy Grading Branch offers many services for exporters shipping dairy products to the European Union. In order to obtain an EU Health Certificate, the manufacturers must have their final production, blending, and/or packing facility listed on the FDA Dairy Plant Reference List (pdf) of EU-approved facilities.
- EU Health Certificates - Overview of USDA Online Procedures (pdf)
- Official EU Health Certification Program document (pdf)
- EU-28: Certification and Labeling for EU Whey Protein Supplements
- Derogations - Overview of USDA Online Procedures (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the European Union Health Certification Program (pdf)
Please note: The United Kingdom officially left the European Union on January 31, 2020
In regards to dairy trade and certification requirements, the UK is continuing to operate under a transition period. AMS has confirmation from the UK that current EU certificates dated up to and including June 30, 2021 will be accepted. USDA has been assured that consignments arriving after June 30 will still be permitted entry as long as they are accompanied by an export certificate dated June 30, 2021 or before.
We continue to monitor the situation regarding the transition and will provide further guidance as soon as possible.
Electronic Trade Document Exchange (eTDE) System Information
European Union Dairy Plant Lists
Only firms listed on the approved plant list are eligible to receive the USDA EU Dairy Export Health Certificate.
- Application Reminder: Firms Intending to Ship Dairy Products to Chile, China, or the European Union
- List of Approved European Union Exporters (pdf)
- Applicants and Plants Restricted from Receiving European Union Health Certificates
- Notice to the Industry - November 22, 2011 (pdf) - Contact information updated 5/25/17
- Affadavit for Producer Corrective Action (doc)