The USDA Agricultural Marketing Service requests applications from states, territories and tribal governments for the expansion of the Local Food Purchase Assistance Program (LFPA Plus), which was announced in November 2022. Up to $464 million is available from funds authorized under Section 5(c) of the Commodity Credit Corporation Charter Act (15 USC 714c(c)), bringing the total funding for LFPA to nearly $900 million. States, territories, and tribal governments who participated in the first round of LFPA funding may apply for LFPA Plus to expand their current cooperative agreements. Tribal governments and territories who did not participate in the first round of LFPA funding may apply for LFPA Plus to establish new cooperative agreements.
- LFPA Plus – Request for Applications (RFA) (pdf) (updated 3/10/23)
- LFPA Plus – Project Narrative for Amended Agreements (docx) (updated 1/24/23)
- LFPA Plus – Project Narrative for New Applications (docx) (updated 1/24/23)
- LFPA Plus – Guidance for Submitting Applications (pdf) (updated 3/10/23)
- LFPA Plus FAQs
- Additional documents for New Applications (these links will take you to grants.gov to find the current file):