LFPA Plus - Up to $464 Million in Additional Funding Available; Application deadline extended to May 12
USDA-AMS has extended the deadline from March 31 to May 12 for states, territories, and federally recognized tribal governments to apply to receive additional LFPA funding. Up to $464 million is available from funds authorized under Section 5(c) of the Commodity Credit Corporation Charter Act (15 USC 714c(c)). Learn more about LFPA Plus.
The Local Food Purchase Assistance Cooperative Agreement Program (LFPA) uses non-competitive cooperative agreements to provide up to $900 million of American Rescue Plan (ARP) and Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) funding for state, tribal and territorial governments to purchase foods produced within the state or within 400 miles of the delivery destination to help support local, regional and underserved producers. The purpose of this program is to maintain and improve food and agricultural supply chain resiliency. The cooperative agreements allow the states, tribes and territories to procure and distribute local and regional foods and beverages that are healthy, nutritious, unique to their geographic areas and that meet the needs of the population. The food will serve feeding programs, including food banks, schools and organizations that reach underserved communities. In addition to increasing local food consumption, the funds will help build and expand economic opportunity for local and underserved producers.
All AMS grant and cooperative agreements include the AMS General Terms and Conditions as part of the Notice of Award and Grant Agreement. More information is provided in the most recent version of the AMS General Terms and Conditions under the Administrative and National Policy Requirements section.
- List of Signed Local Food Purchase Assistance Cooperative Agreements
- LFPA Program Overview One-Pager (pdf) updated on 12/1/2022
- Media Toolkit
- Outreach Resources
- LFPA Program Contacts - These are the USDA AMS LFPA contacts assigned by region for technical support.
- State Agency Provided Contacts (Updated on 3/20/2023) - These contacts were provided by state agencies as a resource for more information about LFPA opportunities at the state level.
- Tribal Contacts
- LFPA Guidance on Payment Options (pdf)
- NASDA GroupGAP Toolkit – Many growers and handlers demonstrate a commitment to food safety through third-party audits known as a Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) certification. The toolkit helps producers understand GAP certification and how it can benefit their farm, and shows the steps to achieving certification and how to find help.
- Recording of LFPA Webinar, December, 16, 2021
- LFPA Webinar Presentation Slides, December 16, 2021 (pptx)
- LFPA Progress Report Instructions (pdf)
- Budget One Pager (pdf)
- Request for Applications Version 3 (pdf) updated 5/6/2022
- Project Narrative (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions - Updated 03/28/2023
For questions, email LFPA@USDA.gov