The Federal-State Marketing Improvement Program (FSMIP) offers grants with a one-to-one dollar match to assist in exploring new market opportunities for U.S. food and agricultural products, and to encourage research and innovation aimed at improving the efficiency and performance of the marketing system.
All applicants must be located within the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands to be considered eligible. Entities that are eligible to apply include:
- State departments of agriculture
- State agricultural experiment stations
- Other appropriate State agencies (i.e., State universities, State colleges, or State governmental entities)
- COVID-19 Resources for Grants
- Federal State Marketing Improvement Program Overview (Video)
- AMS will be hosting webinars for applicants. For dates and registration instructions, visit our webinars page.