Application Deadline Extended!
USDA has extended the deadline for the Farm Labor Stabilization and Protection Pilot Program (FLSP). Applications must be submitted electronically through www.grants.gov by 11:59 p.m. on January 3, 2024.
For information about webinars and office hours, please visit the FLSP Technical Assistance webpage. For questions, please email FLSPgrants@usda.gov
The USDA Farm Labor Stabilization and Protection Pilot Program (FLSP) will award up to $65 million in American Rescue Plan Act funding to provide support for agricultural employers in implementing robust labor standards to promote a safe, healthy work environment for both U.S. workers and workers hired under the seasonal H-2A visa program. The program is funded by the Farm Service Agency and will be administered by the Agricultural Marketing Service and the Farm Production and Conservation Business Center.
The 2023 FLSP grant application period has been extended and now closes January 3, 2024.
- FLSP Notice of Funding Opportunity (NFO) (pdf) (English)
- FLSP Notice of Funding Opportunity (NFO) (pdf) (Spanish)
- Based on your employer type, applicants can apply for FLSP funding as a Fixed-site Employer; Farm Labor Contractor; or Joint Employer. View implications of applying as a certain type of employer (pdf).
The purpose of the FLSP program is to improve food and agricultural supply chain resiliency by addressing challenges agricultural employers face with labor shortages and instability. The FLSP Program seeks to advance the following Administration priorities:
- Goal 1: Drive U.S. economic recovery and safeguard domestic food supply by addressing current labor shortages in agriculture;
- Goal 2: Reduce irregular migration from Northern Central America through the expansion of regular pathways; and
- Goal 3: Improve working conditions for all farmworkers.
FSA Pilot Development – FSA gathered input to help shape the new grant program. As part of gathering input, FSA held virtual listening sessions and commissioned a research brief on the pilot’s concept. Learn more about the FSA listening sessions, research brief, and other material.
H-2A Visa Program – Are you a farmer who needs seasonal or temporary workers for planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops but domestic workers are in short supply? Learn more about the H2A Visa Program.