GroupGAP is a new food safety certification option that will increase opportunities for the entire industry to supply and buy GAP-certified produce. This robust certification process addresses certain challenges in complying with food safety audits, and meets the demands of the retail, food service, and institutional buying community. The GroupGAP Audit Program will begin April 4, 2016.
Growers, Packers, and Supply Chain Partners
GroupGAP makes food safety certification accessible for small and middle-sized producers by allowing farmers, food hubs, and other marketing organizations to work together to undergo GAP certification as a group. This allows group members to pool resources to implement food safety training programs and share the cost of certification.
- GroupGAP User's Guide (pdf)
- GroupGAP Internal Producer Auditor Course (pdf)
- GroupGAP for Growers
- GroupGAP FAQs
- Introduction to GroupGAP Webinar
- Is GroupGAP Right for You Webinar
Apply for GroupGap Audit Service
- Complete the Request for Audit Service Form FV-237A and the Agreement for Participation in Audit Services Form FV-651
- Submit the completed forms to GroupGAP@ams.usda.gov
Retailers, Food Service and Institutional Buyers
GroupGAP will help you meet your customers’ demand for local food by sourcing from a variety of small farmers who meet your certification requirements.
For More Information
Telephone: (202) 720-5021
Fax: (202) 260-8927