The program insures the efficient management and operation of programs under milk marketing orders and carries out assigned duties and program functions pertaining to the operations and management of orders. It also issues operating rules and interpretations and conducts referenda and related activities with respect to orders issued under the Agricultural Marketing Agreement Act of 1937.
The program examines and analyzes operations of milk marketing cooperatives throughout the country in order to: 1) determine whether they are bona fide cooperatives, and 2) establish their privileges under the act. It annually reviews, evaluates, and renders determinations regarding the qualification of milk marketing cooperative associations of producers who elect to receive benefits under the act and any of the orders.
- List of Qualified Cooperative Milk Marketing Associations (pdf)
- Application for Qualification of Cooperative Milk Marketing Association
- Annual Report of Cooperative Milk Association
- Agricultural Marketing Agreement Act of 1937 (pdf)
- Capper-Volstead Act (pdf)
For more information, contact Richard Cherry, Dairy Programs' Order Operations Branch