As required by the 2018 Farm Bill (pdf), USDA developed a system in which states and Indian tribes submit plans to USDA for approval to administer hemp production in their areas. States or Tribal hemp production plans must include the elements as outlined in the State and Tribal Plan Requirements (pdf). Draft plans may be submitted using the Hemp eManagement Platform (HeMP). Please view these instructions for Information on creating or accessing a HeMP account.
Once AMS has received your draft plan, we will contact you about scheduling an interactive review. If you have already submitted a draft plan, you will receive further instructions from USDA on how to update your plan. Once a plan is approved, states and tribes will submit their required reporting forms using HeMP. For a preview of these reporting requirements please email us at Farmbill.firstname.lastname@example.org.
View a complete list of state and tribal plan statuses - Status of Submitted Plans
- How to use the Hemp eManagement Platform - States and Tribes
- FSA - Hemp License Numbers and Acreage Reporting Notice CP-765 (pdf)
- Video - How to Submit the State Tribe Producer Report
- Video - How to Bulk Upload State Tribe Producer Report
- State and Tribe HeMP Producer Bulk Upload Instructions (pdf)
- ST Producer Bulk Upload Template (csv)
- Video - How to Submit a Monthly Disposal Report (AMS-24)
- Video - How to Manage State and Tribe Compliance Activities