Are You a Farmer, Rancher, or Handler?
Is organic an option for you? Certification would allow you to sell your raw or processed agricultural products as organic. Learn how we support organic agriculture through standards, enforcement, certification, market information, funding, extension, and research.
Do You Serve Farmers, Ranchers, and Handlers?
Perhaps you have been asked about organic agriculture and weren’t sure how best to help. We’ve put together materials to explain the basics about organic certification and how to connect current and prospective organic operators with helpful resources.
- Fact Sheet: What is Organic?
- Guide for Organic Crop Producers
- Guide for Organic Livestock Producers
- Guide for Organic Processors
- Guide to Organic Certification
About the Organic Literacy Initiative
In 2011 a cross-departmental working group identified a need for basic training on organic agriculture throughout the USDA. Members of the public and the organic industry emphasized this need during listening sessions.
The Organic Literacy Initiative is designed to help connect current and prospective organic farmers, ranchers, and processors with appropriate USDA resources. To learn more, access:
- Sound and Sensible Resources: a series of educational resources developed by AMS-NOP in conjunction with partner organizations to help make organic certification more accessible, attainable, and affordable.
- Organic Integrity Learning Center: free online training in a formal Learning Management System.
- USDA technical, financial and research resources: USDA programs, services, and educational materials that can help your organic farm or business