The Dairy Grading Branch offers many services for exporters shipping dairy products to China. In 2014, AMS completed system enhancements to make China sanitary export certificates available through the Electronic Document Creation System (eDocs). China is the world's largest dairy importer and is the third largest export destination for U.S. dairy products. In 2017, USDA AMS Dairy Program was recognized by China as an accepted third party certification body for conducting audits of dairy and infant formula plants.
New China Dairy Plant Lists (Updated February 14, 2020)
Only firms listed on these plant lists are eligible to receive the USDA China Dairy Export Certificate via eDocs.
China's National Food Safety Standards
- China's National Food Safety Standard for Modified Milk (GB 25191-2010) (pdf)
- Food Safety Standard Good Manufacturing Practice for Powdered Formulae for Infants and Young Children - GB23790-2010 (pdf)
- National Food Safety Standard Good Manufacturing Practice for Milk Products - GB12693-2010 (pdf)
- National Food Safety Standard General Hygienic Regulation for Food Production – GB14881-2013 (pdf)
- China - Overview of USDA Online Procedures (pdf)
- Notice to Industry – September 3, 2015 – Exporters Must Register and Participate in Web Based Training to Utilize USDA’s Electronic Trade Document Exchange System (eTDE) for China Sanitary Export Certificate (pdf) Updated: June 21, 2017