The Local Food Promotion Program (LFPP) funds projects that develop, coordinate and expand local and regional food business enterprises that engage as intermediaries in indirect producer to consumer marketing to help increase access to and availability of locally and regionally produced agricultural products. Grants can be used for the planning stages of establishing or expanding a local and regional food business enterprise or to improve or expand a food business that supports locally and regionally produced agricultural products and food system infrastructure by performing feasibility studies, market research, training and technical assistance for the business enterprise and/or for producers working with the business enterprise. A 25% match is required.
Eligible entities may apply if they support local and regional food business enterprises that process, distribute, aggregate, or store locally or regionally produced food products. Such entities may include:
All applicants must be domestic entities owned, operated and located within the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands to be considered eligible. Entities that are eligible to apply include:
- Agricultural businesses and cooperatives.
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) networks and associations.
- Food councils.
- Economic development corporations.
- Local governments.
- Nonprofit and public benefit corporations.
- Producer networks or associations.
- Regional farmers’ market authorities.
- Tribal governments.
- COVID-19 Resources for Grants
- Local Food Promotion Program Overview (Video)
- The deadline for submitting applications for the 2020 Request for Applications has been extended until May 26, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
- 2020 LFPP Request For Application [RFAs] (pdf)
- What AMS grant is right for me? (pdf)
- AMS will be hosting webinars for applicants. For dates and registration instructions, visit our webinars page.