The Local Food Promotion Program (LFPP) funds projects that develop, coordinate and expand local and regional food business enterprises that engage as intermediaries in indirect producer to consumer marketing to help increase access to and availability of locally and regionally produced agricultural products. Grants can be used for the planning stages of establishing or expanding a local and regional food business enterprise or to improve or expand a food business that supports locally and regionally produced agricultural products and food system infrastructure by performing feasibility studies, market research, training and technical assistance for the business enterprise and/or for producers working with the business enterprise. A 25% match is required.
Eligible entities may apply if they support local and regional food business enterprises that process, distribute, aggregate, or store locally or regionally produced food products.
All applicants must be domestic entities owned, operated and located within the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands to be considered eligible. Entities that are eligible to apply include:
- Agricultural businesses and cooperatives.
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) networks and associations.
- Food councils.
- Economic development corporations.
- Local governments.
- Nonprofit and public benefit corporations.
- Producer networks or associations.
- Regional farmers’ market authorities.
- Tribal governments.
- LAMP Stakeholder Toolkit (pdf)
- LFPP Fact Sheet (pdf)
- FMLFPP Research Brief (pdf)
- The 2022 LFPP grant application period is now closed. Applications received after the due date will be subject to the AMS' - Policy on Late Applications (pdf).
- COVID-19 Resources for Grants
- Local Food Promotion Program Overview (Video)
- 2022 LFPP Request For Application [RFAs] (pdf)
- AMS will be hosting a webinar for applicants. For dates and registration instructions, visit our webinars page.