USDA Agreements and Decisions
The USDA often engages in administrative and judicial proceedings to resolve noncompliance notices or to implement a proposed action such as a Cease and Desist Notice or a Proposed Suspension or Revocation. The following pages link to the outcomes of these proceedings.
- Settlement Agreements - Issued to resolve proposed adverse actions and to bring a certifier or operator into full compliance in a fast and efficient manner.
- AMS Decisions – Issued when NOP issues a Suspension or Revocation or when the AMS Administrator issues a Decision on an appeal.
- Administrative Law Judge Decisions - Issued when USDA files a complaint against a certifier or operation and/or a certifier or operator appeals an AMS Administrator Decision.
- USDA Judicial Officer Decisions - Issued when a certifier or operator appeals an Administrative Law Judge Decision.
NOP Compliance & Enforcement/Appeals Reports
Each quarter, the NOP posts an enforcement report, summarizing activities taken by the agency in previous periods:
- FY 2019 Summary Report (pdf)
- FY 2018 Summary Report (pdf)
- FY 2017 Summary Report (pdf)
- FY 2016 Summary Report (pdf)
- FY 2015 Summary Report (pdf)
Organic Oversight and Enforcement Reports