- April 11, 2002: Federal Register Lamb, Promotion, Research and Information Order – to establish a Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Order under the Commodity Promotion, Research, and Information Act of 1996. The Order provides for an industry-funded promotion, research, and information program for lamb and lamb products including pelts but excluding wool and wool products. Assessments began on April 12, 2002. [67 FR 17848]. Effective April 12, 2002.
- June 7, 2002: Federal Register Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Program Rules and Regulation Interim Final Rule – to implement provisions of the Order concerning the collection and remittance of assessments, procedures for obtaining a refund, reporting, and maintenance of books and records. Collection of assessments began on the effective date of this ruling. [67 FR 39249]. Effective July 1, 2002.
- June 7, 2004: Federal Register Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Program Rules and Regulations – to implement the Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Orders provisions concerning the collection and remittance of assessments, procedures for obtaining a refund, reporting, and books and records. [69 FR 31731]. Effective July 7, 2004.
- December 27, 2004: Federal Register Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Program Procedures for the Conduct of a Referendum – to establish procedures for conducting a referendum, and future referendums. The Act requires that a referendum to ascertain approval of an Order must be conducted no later than 3 years after assessments first began. [69 FR 77570]. Effective December 28, 2004.
- January 14, 2005: Federal Register Exempting Organic Producers From Assessments by Research and Promotion Programs – to amend all 17 commodity research and promotion orders and/or rules and regulations to exempt any person receiving and handling solely 100 percent organic products from paying assessments to any research and promotion program administered by the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS). To obtain an exemption, the person must operate under an approved organic system plan authorized by the National Organic Program (NOP) and produce and market only products that are eligible for a 100 percent organic label under the NOP. [70 FR 2744]. Effective February 14, 2005.
- December 16, 2008: Federal Register Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Program Procedures to Request Conduct of a Referendum – to amend the regulations under the Order pursuant to administrative changes to Web addresses & office locations within AMS. [73 FR 76193]. Effective December 17, 2008.
- May 14, 2013: Federal Register Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Order Amendment to the Order to Raise the Assessment Rate – to raise the assessment rate on all live ovine animals from $0.005 to $0.007 per pound for producers, feeders, and seedstock producers and from $0.030 to $0.042 per head for first handlers. [78 FR 28121]. Effective June 13, 2013.
- July 25, 2018: Federal Register Referendum Procedures Under the Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Order Removal of Obsolete References – to make technical amendments to the Sorghum Promotion, Research, and Information Order (Sorghum Order) and the Lamb Promotion, Research, and Information Order (Lamb Order) to remove obsolete and unnecessary provisions and to make conforming changes affected by the amendatory language revisions. [85 FR 35105]. Effective October 23, 2018.
Sheep Industry Improvement Center
- December 7, 2010: Federal Register National Sheep Industry Improvement Center – to affirm, without changes, its interim rule to promulgate rules and regulations establishing a National Sheep Industry Improvement Center program. This rule establishes the NSIIC and a Board of Directors that will manage and be responsible for the general supervision of the National Sheep Industry Improvement Center. [75 FR 75867]. Effective December 8, 2010.