USDA has launched the Hemp eManagement Platform (HeMP) for USDA producers, states, tribes, testing laboratories, and sampling aAgents. To use HeMP you must have a USDA eAuthentication (eAuth) account.
What is HeMP?
HeMP is a secure, online system that will be used to manage and submit hemp information and mandatory reporting to USDA, replacing the need to submit via email, mail, or fax.
How can I get a HeMP account?
If you have prior experience working with USDA’s Domestic Hemp Production Program (DHPP)…
If you or your organization have submitted any forms to DHPP in the past, you already have a HeMP account. You may have received an email with the subject “USDA HeMP Account Invitation”. Clicking the link in that email will connect you to your existing account. If you did not receive an email or your link is expired, please reach out to DHPP for an invitation to log in. Alternatively, if one of your colleagues has already logged into HeMP, reach out to that individual for an invitation to join.
If this is your first time working with USDA’s Domestic Hemp Production Program (DHPP)…
Welcome! If you have not worked with DHPP in the past, you can sign up through eAuthentication (eAuth). USDA eAuth is required before you log in to HeMP.
To use HeMP, you will need an eAuthentication (eAuth) account. eAuth is a USDA credentialing system that allows you to securely access USDA websites and applications. The eAuth process can take time; get ahead of the curve and register for eAuth through the 2 steps listed below. You may also view this eAuth sign up video for detailed registration instructions.
1. Create an eAuth account. Create an eAuth account as a customer.
2. Verify your identity through eAuth. Once your eAuth account is created, verify your identity by logging in and choosing Verify My Identity. From here you can choose to either verify your identity online or through your nearest USDA Service Center.
How do I log in to HeMP?
Once you have registered your HeMP account, you can log in at https://hemp.ams.usda.gov using your eAuthentication (eAuth) login information.
How do I use HeMP as a USDA licensed producer?
As a USDA licensed producer, you will use HeMP to submit and manage your license and reporting online, replacing the need to download forms and submit them via email, mail, or fax. Through HeMP you will:
- Apply for a hemp license under USDA
- Renew, amend, and print your hemp license
- Submit disposal/remediation reports (AMS-27) and annual reports (AMS-28)
- View hemp testing lab results and registered FSA lots
How do I use HeMP as a state or tribal Government?
As a state or tribe, you will use HeMP to submit and manage your hemp regulatory plan and reporting online, replacing the need to download forms and submit them via email, mail, or fax. Through HeMP you will:
- Submit and amend your hemp regulatory plan
- Submit monthly reports (AMS-23, 24) and annual reports (AMS-25)
- Monitor your producers’ hemp lab results and FSA registration information
- Manage and maintain your producers’ information
How do I use HeMP as a hemp testing laboratory?
As a hemp testing lab, you will use HeMP to submit and view previously submitted hemp testing results (AMS-22) to USDA.
How do I use HeMP as a Sampling Agent?
As a sampling agent, you will use HeMP to complete our USDA Sampling Agent training and receive your Sampling Agent certificate and ID number.