The National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law charges AMS with developing a national mandatory system for disclosing the presence of bioengineered material. USDA has established a working group to develop a timeline for rulemaking and to ensure an open and transparent process for effectively establishing this new program, which will increase consumer confidence and understanding of the foods they buy, and avoid uncertainty for food companies and farmers.
We are committed to providing multiple opportunities for engagement.
This page will be a countinuously updated resource for public notification and collaboration on the development of the new program.
Questions or Comments? Please email us at GMOLabeling@ams.usda.gov.
You can also subscribe to get email updates.
- Study of Electronic or Digital Disclosure
- Proposed Rule Questions Under Consideration
- Public Input on Bioengineered Food Disclosure Questions
- Full text of the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law (pdf)
- Request for Proposal - Statement of Objectives - Study of Electronic or Digital Link Disclosure (pdf)
- State Preemption Letters (pdf)
- Policy Memo – Consistency between Bioengineered Disclosure and the National Organic Program (pdf)
- Request for Information on a Performance Work Statement (pdf)