Grades of Pickles
U.S. Grade A is the quality of pickles that meets the applicable requirements of Tables V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XI of §52.1691 and scores not less than 90 points.
U.S. Grade B is the quality of pickles that meets the applicable requirements of Table VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XI of §52.1691 and scores not less than 80 points.
Substandard is the quality of pickles that fails the requirements of U.S. Grade B.
- Inspection Aid 72 Pickles Table of Fluid Measure (pdf)
- Inspection Aid 73 Pickle Determination of Ingredients by Volume (pdf)
- Inspection Aid 74 Pickle Relish Drained Weight to Volume Relationship (pdf)
Detailed standards, Inspection Instructions & Other Resources:
- U.S. Grade Standards for Pickles (pdf)
- Foreign Material Manual
- General Procedures Manual
- Safety Manual
- Sampling Manual
- Sanitation Manual
- SC 364-52 Score Sheet for Pickles
- Technical Procedures Manual