Grades of Canned Celery
- U.S. Grade A is the quality of canned celery that:
b) Scores not less than 90 points.
- U.S. Grade B is the quality of canned celery that:
a) Meets the applicable requirements of table I; and
b) Scores not less than 80 points.
Substandard is the quality of canned celery that fails to meet the requirements for U.S. Grade B.
Area Measurement Guide, 8 x 10 in English Units IA#30A, Area Measurement Guide, IA #30B, IA #30 C, Headspace Gauge
See How to Purchase Inspection Aids for more details.
Detailed standards, Inspection Instructions & Other Resources:
- U.S. Grade Standards for Canned Celery (pdf)
- Inspection Instructions for Canned Celery (pdf)
- 21 CFR § 155.200 - Certain other Canned Vegetables (pdf)
- Certification Manual
- Condition of Container Manual
- Foreign Material Manual
- General Procedures Manual
- Safety Manual
- Sampling Manual
- Sanitation Manual
- SC-364 Universal Score Sheet
- Technical Procedures Manual
- U.S. Standards for Determination of Fill Weights
- U.S. Standards for Inspection by Variables