UPDATE: With input from the National Organic Standards Board and the organic community, we have modified the NOSB Fall 2020 Meeting to be held live online, instead of in-person. This allows the Board to move forward with deliberations as scheduled in an open and public setting, without the need for travel.
NOSB Fall Meeting 2020 dates:
- Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Tuesday, October 20 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday, October 22 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Wednesday, October 28: from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Thursday, October 29 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Friday, October 30 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- Panel Discussion on Sanitizers: Nov 12, 2020 03:00 PM - 5:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes on recommendations to the Secretary in a public forum. Detailed meeting information, including agendas, locations, proposals, and how to make public comments, will be posted below as it becomes available. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
The meetings are free and open to the public, and registration is not required unless you wish to provide public comment. If you wish to be added to the public commenter schedule, please see registration link below under Oral Comments.
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
How to Participate
The docket for the meeting is now open. The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) invites the public to submit written comments or register to make oral comments.
Please submit feedback on the NOSB Subcommittee proposals via Regulations.gov. (Docket # AMS-NOP-20-0041). A detailed agenda, along with the proposals, are linked above and posted in Regulations.gov.
Deadline: written comments must be received by 11:59 p.m. October 1, 2020, so that the Board has time to review them before the meeting.
To hear oral comments presented to the Board live, register at Zoom.
To sign up to make an oral comment live, register with the form below. Registering with this form is only required if you wish to provide oral comments.
Deadline: to make oral comments, register by 11:59 p.m. October 1, 2020.
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-720-0081.