UPDATE: With input from the National Organic Standards Board and the organic community, the NOSB Fall 2020 Meeting was held live online, instead of in-person. This allowed the Board to move forward with deliberations as scheduled in an open and public setting, without the need for travel.
NOSB Fall Meeting 2020 dates:
- Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Tuesday, October 20 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday, October 22 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Wednesday, October 28: from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Thursday, October 29 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Friday, October 30 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
- Panel Discussion on Sanitizers: Nov 12, 2020 03:00 PM - 5:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes on recommendations to the Secretary in a public forum. Detailed meeting information, including agendas, locations, proposals, and how to make public comments, is posted. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page
The meetings are free and open to the public, and registration is not required.
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
Post Meeting Resources
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations (pdf)
- National Organic Program Update
- Part 1: a recorded presentation is available in the Organic Integrity Learning Center at Course “NOP-998 - NOP Presentations.” Need a Free Account? Read “Getting Started” to sign up from the Organic Training Web page.
- Part 2: National Organic Program Update (pdf)
- Compliance & Enforcement Overview (pdf)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Trade Overview (pdf)
- Sanitizer Panel Presentations
How to Participate
The comment docket for the meeting is now closed. You can read the comments that were submitted to the Board here Regulations.gov.
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-720-0081.