Export Procedures Shell Eggs to Hong Kong
October 30, 2015
Consult the Shell Egg Export Restrictions List (pdf) prior to certifying any shipments.
All Policy and General Procedures Requirements listed in General Export Certification must be met unless otherwise noted in this webpage.
This instruction outlines the certification requirements for shell eggs as prescribed by Director of Food and Environmental Hygiene for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
- Hong Kong authorities have requested that records be maintained by the certifying agent (AMS) identifying the flock(s) of origin for traceability purposes.
- The list identifying the flock(s) of origin for the eggs processed and certified for each shipment will be documented on grading documents, (Form LP-75 or LP-211).
USDA must visually verify condition of the final transport unit for all eggs destined for Hong Kong. If the transport unit at origin is not the final transport unit, transloading must take place following instructions in General Export Certification Requirements.
When completing the certificate (Form LP-210S) the following information must be included:
- The statement ‘Certified for Export – Fit for Human Consumption’
- Date of production
- Type of poultry: chicken (Gallus Domesticus)
- Company seal number
- Name of processing plant
- Address of processing plant
- Establishment number