The application period for the USDA Regional Food Business Centers has closed.
Updated 1/17/2023 – In December 2022, the RFA deadline was extended to allow applicants to adjust proposals to allow nonprofit organizations including universities that have a Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (NICRA) to use that rate. The deadline was January 6, 2023.
Office Hours are held every Wednesday at 4:00pm ET. Register for office hours.
When can I submit an application?
The USDA Regional Food Business Centers application period is now open. The deadline for submitting applications to AMS is January 6, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST. Applications received after the due date will be subject to the AMS' - Policy on Late Applications. Please refer to the AMS’ Late Applications, Denials and/or Appeal Procedures (pdf) for further information.
What are the application requirements?
You can find the requirements for submitting an application in the Request for Applications.
- 2022 USDA Regional Food Business Centers Request for Applications (RFA) (pdf)
- USDA Regional Food Business Centers FAQs
- Centros regionales de distribución de productos alimentarios del USDA (pdf)
- Preguntas frecuentes de los Centros regionales de distribución de productos alimentarios del USDA
- USDA Cov Chaw Lag Luam Khoom Noj Hauv Cheeb Tsam (pdf)
- USDA Cov Chaw Lag Luam Khoom Noj Hauv Cheeb Tsam Cov Lus Nug Uas Nquag Nug
- Applications must be submitted on grants.gov
What are the required forms?
Each application must include the following forms:
- Project Abstract Summary - found on grants.gov
- USDA Regional Food Business Centers Narrative Form (doc)
- USDA Regional Food Business Centers Project Narrative Guide (pdf) – This document provides guidance for how to complete the Narrative Form.
- Key Partner Budget Form (docx)
- Forms SF-424 can be found with the www.grants.gov website application submission.
- Partner Organization Letter Template (docx)
- Accounting System Financial Capability Questionnaire (docx)
- Collaborators’ Letters of Support (docx)
If applicable, application packages are required to include the following documents:
- Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement
Is there anything else I need to apply?
You need to complete the following steps to apply for the cooperative agreement:
- Register with System for Award Management (SAM.gov)
- Register with www.grants.gov. Interested applicants are encouraged to register with SAM.gov and Grants.gov as soon as possible as this process can take multiple business days to complete.
To find more information on how to apply for this program through www.grants.gov, including additional tools, tips, and trainings, go to the Applicants tab located on top of the navigation bar.
Are there any resources that can help me write an application?
- AMS will host weekly Office Hours to take questions about the Regional Food Business Centers. AMS is using the registration list from the Office Hour sessions to populate a shared list of organizations that are interested in partnering on applications. If you would like to join this list, you can select that option when you register for a session.
- Weekly Office Hours
- Date: Every Wednesday from October 12 through January 4
- Time: 4:00 PM Eastern Time
- Register for Office Hours
- Weekly Office Hours