USDA and the local food sector are already at work in your community! Use the maps and directories below to see what's happening around the United States.
- Local Food Compass Map - Find USDA, other Federal, local and regional food sector investments in your community, or learn how others are building the local food sector.
- Local Food Directories - USDA's directory of farmers markets, CSAs, food hubs, and on-farm markets.
- Farm to School Census - Measures USDA's progress toward improving access to local foods in schools.
- Food Access Research Atlas - Maps income level and access to large-scale grocery stores by census tract.
- Census of Agriculture - Agricultural statistics for every state and every county in the nation.
- Food Environment Atlas - A mapping tool with 168 indicators of food, health and community.
- Plant Hardiness Zone Map - The standard by which gardeners and growers can determine which plants are most likely to thrive in a location.