The Sheep Production & Marketing Grant Program seeks to develop solutions for practical problems on a national basis and address the needs of the entire sheep industry, while focusing on the measurable benefits for sheep producers, encouraging partnerships among other sheep industry organizations, and reducing duplication of effort among participating organizations.
In 2019, AMS awarded a 5-year grant for $1.9 million to the National Sheep Industry Improvement Center. Each year, the center will budget approximately $300,000 to support projects that accomplish one or more of the following objectives:
- Strengthen and enhance the production and marketing of sheep and sheep products in the United States through the improvement of infrastructure, business, resource development and the development of innovative approaches to solve long term problems.
- Provide leadership training and education to industry stakeholders.
- Assist all segments of the industry in addressing sustainable production and marketing of sheep and sheep products.
- Promote marketing of sheep and sheep products through an organized method that can measure tangible results.
- Enhance the sheep industry by coordinating information exchange and seeking mutual understanding and marketing within the industry community.
For more information, visit www.nsiic.org
- 06-28-2021 – USDA Announces the National Sheep Industry Improvement Center is Accepting Grant Proposals
- COVID-19 Resources for Grants