The funding opportunity for the FY 2022 USDA AMS Farm and Food Workers Relief Grant Program is now closed. Upon completion of the review process, AMS will notify applicants of the status of their funding request. USDA expects that awardees will be announced and posted on this webpage in summer 2022.
Beneficiaries (eligible farm, meatpacking and grocery store workers) may request COVID-19 relief payments from grant recipients once funding selections have been made and grant recipients have launched their programs.
The Farm and Food Worker Relief Grant Program provides approximately $665 million in Consolidated Appropriations Act funds to provide grants to State agencies, Tribal entities, and nonprofit organizations with experience in providing support or relief services to farmworkers or meatpacking workers. Awards will generally range from $5 million to $50 million.
Entities receiving awards will then distribute relief payments to frontline farmworkers and meatpacking workers who incurred expenses preparing for, preventing exposure to, and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
USDA strongly encourages small organizations to partner together or to partner with national organizations in submitting applications to ensure this support has the broadest reach and distribution possible to America’s farm and food workers. AMS will set aside up to a total of $20 million of this amount for one or more grant agreements to benefit grocery store workers.
USDA AMS has partnered with two organizations, UFW Foundation and Corazón Latino, to provide applicants with technical assistance support as they prepare applications. The technical assistance providers are available to help identify grant preparation resources, potential partners and key considerations when developing a competitive grant application and successful program.
- February 16, 2022 - Farm and Food Workers Relief Program Webinar
- Nov 17, 2021 - Farm and Food Worker Relief Program Webinar
- Dec 17, 2021 - Farm and Food Worker Relief Program Webinar
- For more information, you may also contact us at FFWRGrants@usda.gov
- USDA Invests $700 million in Grants to Provide Relief to Farm and Food Workers Impacted by COVID-19
- USDA Begins Accepting Applications for New Farm and Food Workers Relief Grant Program
- USDA Hosts Webinar on the New Farm and Food Workers Relief Grant Program