The Dairy Business Innovation (DBI) Initiatives support dairy businesses in the development, production, marketing and distribution of dairy products. DBI Initiatives provide direct technical assistance and grants to dairy businesses, including niche dairy products, such as specialty cheese, or dairy products derived from the milk of a dairy animal, including cow, sheep and goat milk.
These initiatives specifically focus on:
- Diversifying dairy product markets to reduce risk and develop higher-value uses for dairy products.
- Promoting business development that diversifies farmer income through processing and marketing innovation.
- Encouraging the use of regional milk production.
In fiscal year (FY) 2019, AMS selected three initiatives to fulfill the purpose of the program, which include the:
In FY 2020, AMS is soliciting applications from the initiatives. This funding opportunity will continue work already started under their previous awards.
Initiative applications must be received before 11:59 pm Eastern Time on June 24, 2020 through Grants.gov. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered for funding.
- 2020 DBI Narrative Form Template (docx)
- 2020 DBI Request For Application [RFAs] (pdf)
- FY 2019 DBI Description of Funded Project (pdf)