The Dairy Business Innovation (DBI) Initiatives support dairy businesses in the development, production, marketing and distribution of dairy products. DBI Initiatives provide direct technical assistance and grants to dairy businesses, including niche dairy products, such as specialty cheese, or dairy products derived from the milk of a dairy animal, including cow, sheep and goat milk.
These initiatives specifically focus on:
- Diversifying dairy product markets to reduce risk and develop higher-value uses for dairy products.
- Promoting business development that diversifies farmer income through processing and marketing innovation.
- Encouraging the use of regional milk production.
In fiscal year (FY) 2019, AMS selected three initiatives to fulfill the purpose of the program, which include the:
In FY 2020, AMS awarded $18.4 million in additional funds to the current initiatives to continue the work started under their previous awards.
- 2020 DBI Narrative Form Template (docx)
- 2020 DBI Request For Application [RFAs] (pdf)
- FY 2019 DBI Description of Funded Project (pdf)