UPDATE: With input from the Board and the organic community, we are modifying the NOSB Spring Meeting 2020 to be held live online, instead of in-person. This will allow the Board to move forward with deliberations as scheduled in an open and public setting, without the need for travel.
NOSB Spring Meeting 2020 dates:
Tuesday, April 21: Public Comment Webinar Day 1 – meeting concluded
Thursday April 23: Public Comment Webinar Day 2 – meeting concluded
Wednesday April 29: NOSB Public Meeting Day 1 – meeting concluded
Thursday April 30: NOSB Public Meeting Day 2 – meeting concluded
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes on proposals to the Secretary in a public forum. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
The comment docket for the April 2020 meeting is now closed. The deadline to submit comments was 11:59 p.m. April 3, 2020. Public comments were heard by the Board on April 21 and 23, 2020. The transcript will be made available following the conclusion of the Board Meeting sessions on April 29 and 30. Written comments on the NOSB Subcommittee proposals may be viewed online using Regulations.gov (Docket # AMS-NOP-19-0095).
The NOSB heard oral comments on April 21 and 23, 2020.
The meeting transcript is linked below.
Post Meeting Resources - to be added after the meeting
- National Organic Program Update, slides only (pdf)
- National Organic Program Update, full recorded presentation available in the Organic Integrity Learning Center at Course “NOP-998 - NOP Presentations.” Need a Free Account? Read “Getting Started” to sign up from the Organic Training Web page.
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-720-0081.