The U.S. has an organic equivalence arrangement with Korea for organic processed foods. This means that, as long as the terms of the arrangement are met, certified organic operations in Korea or in the U.S. may sell their products as organic in either country.
- Are certified to the USDA or Korean organic regulations
- Are “processed foods” as defined by the Korean Food Code | View Guidance - (zip file - Open Article 1 and go to page 10)
- Contain at least 95 percent organic ingredients
- Have their final processing (as defined in the Korean Food Code) occur in the U.S. or Korea
- U.S. products: do not contain apples or pears produced with the use of antibiotics
- Korean products: do not contain livestock products produced with the use of antibiotics
Export Documentation (for U.S. Products)