Under this program, eligible dairy organizations partner with non-profit organizations that distribute food to low-income individuals. Those partnerships may apply for and receive limited reimbursements to cover expenses related to certain fluid milk product donations.
In the 2018 Farm Bill, Congress directed USDA to develop the program to reduce food waste and provide nutrition assistance to low-income individuals. Congress authorized $9 million for the program in Fiscal Year 2019, and $5 million per fiscal year thereafter.
Interested partnerships must apply for program participation by submitting a completed Milk Donation and Distribution Plan Form and Eligible Distributor Certification Form. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, as received. See below for information on how to apply and claim reimbursement.
Submit the following to apply for program eligibility:
Once approved for program eligibility, you will receive the following forms via email to submit for reimbursement:
Submit all forms to MDRP@usda.gov
Additional Program Information
- MDRP Reimbursement Claim Form Overview (pdf)
- Milk Donation and Distribution Plan Form Sample (xlsx)
- Milk Donation Reimbursement Program (MDRP): What Do I Need to Know?
- Part 1146—Milk Donation Reimbursement Program
- Commodity Specifications for Fluid Milk and Milk Products Eligible for the Milk Donation Reimbursement Program (pdf)
Bradley Vierra 202-720-4392
Send inquiries to: MDRP@usda.gov