- Quality Regulations: The marketing order authorizes grade, size, maturity, and quality regulations to maintain onion quality shipped to consumers. These requirements established for onions also apply to imported onions from early March through early June each year due to 8e requirements.
- 8e Requirements: 8e requirements specify that imported commodities must meet the same or comparable minimum grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements, as those specified under this marketing order. Learn about Importing Onions.
- Research and Promotion: The order authorizes production research and marketing research and development projects. These programs are currently in effect.
- Pack and container regulations: The marketing order authorizes regulations on the size, capacity, and weight of the containers used to ship onions to market. These regulations are currently not in effect.
- Committee Staff: The Committee has entered into a joint-management agreement with the Texas Produce Association and shares the staff of the Association.
Dante L Galeazzi
South Texas Onion Committee