Grades of Pecans in the Shell
- U.S. No. 1 consists of pecans in the shell which meet the following requirements:
a. Free from loose extraneous or foreign material.
b. Shells are: (1) Fairly uniform in color; and, (2) Free from damage by any cause.
c. Kernels are: (1) Free from damage by any cause.
d. For tolerances see §51.1404.
- U.S. No. 2 The requirements for this grade are the same as for U.S. No. 1 except for:
a. No requirement for uniformity of color of shells; and,
b. Increased tolerances for defects see §51.1404.
- To purchase Visual Aid PEC-PL-1, see How to Purchase Visual Aids for more details.
Detailed standards, Inspection Instructions & Other Resources:
- U.S. Grade Standards for Pecans in the Shell (pdf)
- Inspection Instructions for Pecans in the Shell (pdf)