The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes in a public forum. Detailed meeting information including agendas, locations, recommendations, and public comments will be posted below as it becomes available. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
1550 Court Pl
Denver, CO, 80202
Room reservations: Use the online reservation link
Reservation cutoff date: March 27, 2017
Overflow hotel courtesy block: Crowne Plaza Denver
Room reservations: Click here NOSB Spring 2017 Meeting or call 303.573.1450
Group name: NOSB Spring 2017 Meeting Courtesy Block
Reservation cutoff date: March 31, 2017
The meetings are open to the public, and no registration is required, except to sign up for oral comments. The face-to-face meetings are not webcast.
- Press Release
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- April 2017 Meeting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations (pdf)
- NOSB Work Agenda (pdf)
- NOP Update (pdf) - Miles McEvoy, NOP Deputy Administrator
- Materials Update (pdf) - Lisa Brines, National List Manager
The comment period for the April 2017 meeting is now closed.
You can read the written comments that were submitted to the NOSB in Regulations.gov.
The Board will hear comments during a pre-meeting webinar and during the face-to-face meeting.
- Thursday, April 13, 2017, from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern, via webinar; (3 minute comment slot)
- Wednesday/Thursday, April 19 and 20, 2017, at the face-to-face meeting; (3 minute comment slot)
If you would like to listen to the webinar on April 13, 2017, you can access it as follows:
Step 1: Dial In by Phone:
- Toll-Free (U.S. & Canada): 866.740.1260
- Access Code: 7202000
Step 2: Also Access the Web (optional):
- Meeting URL: http://www.readytalk.com
- On the left side of the screen, enter
- Participant Access Code: 7202000
The system can accommodate up to 150 callers; after that limit is reached, callers may be told that the call capacity has been exceeded. Transcripts of the call will be available after the webinar.
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-720-0081
Oral public comments will be included in the meeting transcripts, which will be available after the April meeting.