The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses its agenda items, and then votes in a public forum. Detailed meeting information including agendas, locations, recommendations, and public comments will be posted below as it becomes available. For information on past meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
- Press Release
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- April 2016 Meeting Summary (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations (pdf)
- NOSB 2016 fall Work Agenda (pdf)
- NOP Report (pdf) - Miles McEvoy, NOP Deputy Administrator
- USDA Organic Working Group update (pdf) - Betsy Rakola, AMS Organic Policy Advisor
- Materials Update (pdf) - Lisa Brines, National List Manager
- Hydroponics Task Force update (pdf) - Dr. Stacy Tollefson, University of Arizona and Dr. John Biernbaum, Michigan State University
- Emerging Techniques in Agricultural Biotechnology (pdf)
- NOSB Presentations (pdf)
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) invites the public to submit written comments and/or provide oral comments for its business meetings. The comment period for the April 2016 meeting is now closed.
The comment period is now closed. You can read the comments that were submitted to the NOSB in Regulations.gov.
Registration for oral comment is now closed. Public comments will be included in the meeting transcripts and will be available after the April meeting.